- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped, divided
- 3/4 cup Recipe Easy Creamy Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (may sub regular)
- Chocolate Frosting
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup (may substitute honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Turtle Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil so it overhangs slightly (so you can easily lift brownies out later) and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Brownies: In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- To a separate large bowl, whisk butter, sugar and cocoa powder together. Add eggs to the batter one at a time, beating after each addition just until incorporated. Beat in vanilla. Fold in flour mixture just until combined. Add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 3/4 cups chopped pecans to batter and stir until just combined. Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let pan cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes then poke holes all over with the back of a chopstick or small wooden spoon. Pour 1/2 cup caramel over brownies and spread into holes with a spatula. Refrigerate brownies for one hour or freeze for 30 minutes to let the caramel set. Meanwhile, prepare the Chocolate Frosting.
- Chocolate Frosting: Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk and beat until smooth, adding additional milk if needed to reach spreading consistency.
- Once caramel has set, frost brownies with Chocolate Frosting (you don’t have to use all of it but I highly recommend it!). Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips and drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel.
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate to allow frosting to set and make cutting easier. I LOVE to microwave my brownie serving for 15 seconds or so before devouring.
Article adapted from this site — Click Here