- 10 ounce bags marshmallows , cut into 1/4’s
- 8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter , chopped (*see note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Grease a 8×8” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- Cut the marshmallows with scissors by first wetting the tip of the scissors in a cup of water. This will help prevent the marshmallows sticking to the scissors.
- Add cut marshmallow to the pan.
- In a saucepan over low heat (or a double boiler) add chocolate and butter. Stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and walnuts, if using.
- Spoon melted chocolate over marshmallows, trying to make sure the chocolate spread evenly covering over top and gets into all of the cracks.
- Refrigerate until set. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
This article and recipe adapted from this site