- 4 (6-8oz) chicken breasts*
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl mix together spinach, yogurt, artichokes, garlic powder, and mustard.
- Lay chicken breasts down in a single layer in a 9×13 baking dish. Evenly distribute spinach mixture overtop the chicken breasts. Lay 2 slices of the mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast, overlapping to fit is okay.
- Transfer to the oven and bake 30 minutes until chicken is fully cooked (cooking time will vary due to size of the chicken breast, the chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165ºF). Let rest 3-5 minutes before serving.
- PLEASE NOTE: After some feedback I want to note, this is a ‘healthy’/’low-carb’ recipe, it will not taste exactly like typical spinach artichoke dip because of substitutions made and ‘heavy’ ingredients left out. I still think it tastes amazing, but this it is not a super creamy/fatty version if that is what you are looking for.
- There will be quite a bit of liquid around the chicken when it’s done, I recommend using a slotted spoon or spatula to let the chicken drain slightly before transferring to a plate, this liquid is natural due to the fresh spinach and chicken.
This article and recipe adapted from this site