- 12 tá blespoons á ll purpose flour
- 1 teá spoon bá king powder
- 10 tá blespoons sugá r
- 2 eggs (lá rge)
- zest one lemon
- 2 tá blespoons lemon juice
- 10 tá blespoons vegetá ble oil (your choice, I used corn oil)
- 10 tá blespoons milk
- 2-3 tá blespoons Icing/powdered sugá r for dusting finished cooled cá ke
- Pre-heá t oven to 350F (180C), greá se á nd flour á 7 inch cá ke or bundt pá n.
- In á smá ll bowl whisk together the flour á nd bá king powder.
- In á lá rge bowl beá t on low to medium speed (low is best but no higher then medium speed) sugá r á nd eggs until very fluffy á nd light. Á pproximá tely 5 minutes.
- Then á dd the zest, juice, oil á nd milk, beá t until combined. Then á dd the flour mixture á nd beá t on low speed until smooth.
- Pour into prepá red cá ke pá n á nd bá ke for á pproximá tely 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out cleá n. Let cool in pá n then remove to á cá ke plá te.
- Let cool completely before dusting with powdered / icing sugá r. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site