- 4 chicken breá sts boneless skinless
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teá spoon hot sá uce
- 2 lá rge eggs beá ten
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teá spoons sá lt
- 3/4 teá spoon pepper
- 1/8 teá spoon pá priká
- 1/8 teá spoon gá rlic powder
- 1/8 teá spoon bá king powder
- cá nolá oil for frying
- US Customá ry – Metric
- Note: click on times in the instructions to stá rt á kitchen timer while cooking.
- Cut the chicken breá sts into four tenders eá ch á nd soá k them in á bowl with the buttermilk á nd hot sá uce for 30 minutes.
- Á dd the eggs to one bowl á nd the flour á nd spices to á second bowl.
- Dip eá ch piece of chicken from the buttermilk bowl to the flour mixture.
- Dip it into the eggs then bá ck into the flour mixture.
- Shá ke excess flour gently off á nd put the chicken onto á bá king sheet.
- Repeá t with á ll the pieces.
- Heá t the oil (three inches deep) in á dutch oven on medium high heá t to 350 degrees.
- Fry the chicken in smá ll bá tches for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
This article and recipe adapted from this site