- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion (yellow or sweet)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) Bush’s Best Chili Beans (pinto beans – mild chili sauce) – do not drain
- 8 ounce can Tomato sauce
- 1 can Original Rotel (10 ounce can) – do not drain – Or use Homemade Rotel – Tomatoes and Green Chilies,
- taco seasoning packet (1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup water
Taco Bowl Fixings
- Rice (optional) – My favorite, Copycat Chipotle Restaurant’s Cilantro Lime Rice
- Favorite taco toppings suggestions – cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, jalapenos, sour cream, hot sauce, avocado, fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro, etc.
- Brown beef and chopped onions in large skillet over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink and onions are translucent. Add taco seasoning, 1/2 cup of water, mix well – remove from heat. *If you are using higher fat ground beef, be sure to drain excess fat before adding taco seasoning.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour chili beans, tomato sauce and Rotel in slow cooker. Next add browned beef mixture to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- In individual serving bowls, add a handful of Fritos, a small layer of rice (optional), a large spoonful of the beefy taco mixture then top with your favorite taco toppings. Fresh squeezed lime over top is an awesome addition along with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Tip – Not a fan of beef? Use ground turkey or chicken.
This article and recipe adapted from this site