- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 (10.75-oz) cans cream of chicken
- 1 (1-oz) package Ranch Dressing Mix, or to taste
- 1¾ cups milk
- 1 cup regular long-grain rice
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray the insert of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in the bottom.
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup, bacon, ranch dressing mix, half of the cheese, milk, and regular rice. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of rice mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 or 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and chop. Place back in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- If rice mixture is too thick, add water, chicken broth or additional milk to thin out.
- Do not cook rice in advance. I used Great Value Long-Grain Rice.
- I used a Hamilton Beach 6-qt Slow Cooker. It took 3 1/2 hours.
- The rice will not be light and fluffy like plain cooked rice. The rice is soft. This is a casserole. The mixture will be somewhat thick.
- Can use frozen chicken breasts.
- Can substitute turkey bacon.
- This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here