- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cans (10.5 ounce) cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, totaling 2 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 can (15 ounce) corn
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) refrigerated biscuits, baked
- Place onion, carrots, celery, parsley, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and chicken soup in the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir to combine. The mixture will be thick.
- Nestle the chicken breasts in the mixture and spoon the mixture over the breasts to cover.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Thirty minutes before the end of cook time, remove the breasts and shred the chicken using two forks. Return shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and add the peas and corn. Stir and allow to finish cooking.
- Serve topped with a biscuit.
This article and recipe adapted from this site