- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 24 ounces marinara
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 25 ounces frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef and onion. Brown the beef, crumbling it as it cooks. Drain the grease from the pan.
- Add the marinara sauce and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often, over low heat.
- While sauce is simmering, mix ricotta, egg, Parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Spoon 1/3 of the meat mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread across the bottom.
- Top with a single layer of ravioli, ½ of the ricotta mixture, and 1/3 of the sauce. Repeat the layers, ending in marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle the top with the shredded mozzarella. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with minced parsley.
- Let set for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- You may swap in cottage cheese for the ricotta if you prefer.
- Use any variety of frozen ravioli that you like.
- This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here