- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c Gingersnap cookie “flour”*
- 1 c quick oats
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a deep square pan or a 2-3 qt casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the filling ingredients; pour into the prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the gingersnap cookie flour*, oats, brown sugar, soda and powder. Then, use a fork to incorporate the butter into the dry mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle the topping over the pumpkin filling.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the center of the pumpkin pie filling reaches 175°F. The center will still have a little wiggle, but it won’t be super runny.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.
*To make Gingersnap Cookie “flour,” simply use a food processor or blender to break down gingersnap cookies into a flour-like texture.
This article and recipe adapted from this site