These oven baked chicken breasts are a keto and low carb meal that’s easy, quick, and delicious. They’re like un-stuffed chicken, with a cheesy spinach and sun-dried tomato topping.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (7-8 oz wt. each)
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 oz wt. chopped fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 3 oz wt. cream cheese
- 3/4 oz wt. (about 1/4 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 oz wt. (about 1/4 cup) finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (dry packaged)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Slice each chicken breast in half, so it’s half as thick as before. The resulting pieces should be no thicker than about 1/2 inch. If moist, pat them dry with paper towels.
- Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread out the chicken pieces in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- Season the chicken with half of the salt and pepper. Flip them and season the other side with the remaining salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan on the stovetop, cook spinach until wilted. Separately, microwave cream cheese until very soft and easily mixed, about 20 seconds.
- In a bowl, stir together cooked spinach, softened cream cheese, and all other topping ingredients until well-mixed. Evenly spread the mixture across the tops of the chicken pieces.
- Bake at 425 F until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. Let it cool at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site