- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (granulated sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts), optional
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 3/4 cups very hot water
- Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an ungreased 9×9 square baking dish, using a fork, mix first set of dry ingredients – flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt – mix well.
- Next, stir in milk, vegetable oil and vanilla, mix until smooth. If using nuts, add them now. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Last, sprinkle batter evenly on top with brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup baking cocoa. Pour hot water over top (do NOT mix) and bake on middle rack of oven for approximately 40 minutes, until top layer has a dry, brownie-like top.
- When ready, remove and spoon warm cake/fudge sauce over ice cream. Enjoy!
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here