- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4-oz) package instant lemon pudding
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups butter, room temperature (3 sticks)
- 2¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, lemon pudding mix, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and pale yellow in color. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, stopping and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream. Mix until fully combined. Stir in the fresh lemon zest by hand.
- Pour into prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake, placing a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning, if needed, for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- To make the glaze: In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and butter. Drizzle over cooled cake.
This Recipe adapted from this –>> SITE