To Toss Before Pressure Cooking:
- 3 pounds chicken drumettes/wings (whichever you prefer) *See Note
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
To Toss Before Baking:
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
To Toss Before Serving:
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley (optional)
- Add the drumettes to a large mixing bowl and toss with garlic powder, onion powder and 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Place a cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, then place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the chicken wings, seal the lid, and pressure cook on high pressure 6 minutes (the IP will take 15-17 minutes to come to pressure). Meanwhile, move your oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 525 degrees F.
- When pressure cooking is complete, carefully do a Quick Release of the pressure. It normally takes 2-3 minutes to release pressure.
- Remove wings from the IP and place in a large bowl. Add the melted butter, olive oil, minced garlic, and salt to a small bowl and stir together. Pour over cooked chicken wings and toss.
- Place the chicken wings skin-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 8 minutes. Then broil 2-3 more minutes without opening the oven.
- Remove the wings from the oven and toss with parmesan cheese, salt and parsley while still hot. Serve and enjoy.
- If you use whole wings and plan to cut off the tips you will have less meat than if you used drumettes. So if using whole wings, purchase 4 pounds, and if you’re only using drumettes, purchase 3 pounds.
- This article and recipe adapted from this site