- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs (4 chicken thighs)
- Ground black pepper
- 0 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water or chicken broth, preferred
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Honey Garlic Sauce together, stir to mix well. Make sure the honey and sugar are completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is heated, add 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil. Pan sear the chicken thighs (skin side down first) until both sides turn nicely brown.Chicken in Instant pot.
- Leave the chicken thighs in the Instant Pot, add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil and add the garlic. Saute the garlic a little bit. Pour in the sauce and cover the lid. Select Manual and set to High pressure for 10 minutes.
- When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully, add the chopped parsley and serve the Instant Pot chicken with honey garlic sauce immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site