- Homemade Apple Pie Filling or 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Soften the tortillas in the microwave if needed to make them easier to roll.
- Spoon about one heaping 1/4 cup of pie filling slightly off the center of each tortilla, sprinkle evenly with cinnamon.
- Roll tortillas up and place seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan bring butter, white sugar, brown sugar and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas, sprinkle with extra cinnamon on top if desired and let stand 45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream and top with desired amount of caramel sauce.
This article and recipe adapted from this site