- 1 (9-inch) pie shell
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Hershey’s dark special dark chocolate chips (divided)
- whipped cream (for topping)
- Bake the pie shell according to package directions. Remove from the oven and cool.
- In a 2-quart saucepan stir together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In a medium bowl combine egg yolks and milk. Gradually blend the milk mixture into the sugar mixture in the pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in butter and vanilla extract. Add 1 and 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips and stir until the chips are melted and the mixture is well blended. Pour into the prepared pie shell. Cover with plastic wrap and press the plastic wrap onto the filling. Cool. Refrigerate for several hours or until chilled and firm.
- Top slices with whipped cream and remaining chocolate chips if desired.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here