- 6 slices bacon diced
- 1/3 cup onion finely diced
- 4 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chives sliced
- Place the bacon in a large pan. Cook over medium high heat until browned and crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and set on a paper towel to drain.
- Drain grease off pan until approximately 1 tablespoon remains.
- Add the onion to the bacon grease. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the corn, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn starts to caramelize and brown on the edges.
- Stir the bacon back into the corn. Top with chives and serve.
NUTRITIONCalories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 349mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.7mg
This article and recipe adapted from this site