- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, heat treated* and sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips, optional
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar. Make sure the butter is still warm and let the two ingredients sit together for a few minutes until the butter reaches room temperature.
- Then, whisk the two together until combined.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and heat treated flour and stir to combine. Mix in the maple syrup.
- Pop the batter into the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes until thickened. The longer you keep it in there, the thicker it will get.
- Mix the batter again to loosen it up then stir in the chocolate chunks. Now dig in!
- *Ingredients for vegan and gluten free options are listed within the post.
- **Spread the flour onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 5 minutes at 350F. Let it cool before adding it to the mixture.
- This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here