- 1/2 cup Thai style chili sauce (see notes)
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Wholesome!® Organic Blue Agave
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Wholesome!® Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
for the chicken:
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- chopped peanuts, cilantro, and chili flakes for topping
- Sauce: Whisk all the sauce ingredients together. Set aside about 1/2 cup sauce to marinade the chicken. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the sauce to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or so until the sauce has thickened.
- Quinoa: Cook according to package directions.
- Chicken: Place the chicken in a bag or bowl with the reserved 1/2 cup sauce to marinate. Return to the refrigerator and let it all hang out for 30 minutes or so, while the sauce thickens. Shake off excess marinade and transfer to a hot grill pan or skillet. Let the chicken cook for a few minutes on each side, until no longer pink, brushing periodically with the thickened sauce.
- Serving: Plate the quinoa on a large platter and top with the chicken. Brush the whole thing with extra sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro, peanuts, and chili flakes.
This article and recipe adapted from this site