- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 9-12 Reese’s Cups regular size (not fun size)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 container marshmallow creme 7 ounce container
InstructionsHow to make Peanut Butter Fluff Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, allowing the parchment paper hang over all the edges of pan, so that you can use it to pull the bars out of the pan later.
To make the peanut butter fluff dough:
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until light in color and fluffy consistency (about 3 minutes).
- Add the egg, peanut butter and vanilla, continuing to mix.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. (You can also toss in a few chopped up Reese’s cups for extra chocolate & peanut butter goodness!)
To make the fluffernutter bars:
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the baking dish. Unwrap and place Reese’s peanut butter cups evenly over the dough.
- Spread the entire container of marshmallow creme over the layer of Reese’s cups.
- Cover with the remaining dough and gently press to spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F until the crust starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven, keeping bars in the pan for an hour. This allows them to slowly cook a little more until they cool to room temperature.
- Remove the fluffernutter bars from the pan by pulling on the parchment paper and place on a wire cooling wrap. Allow to cool fully, until set, before slicing.
This article and recipe adapted from this site