- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 sticks celery finely chopped
- 3 large carrots peeled & sliced or chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked chicken (or more, to taste)
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Chop your onion. Add it to a large soup pot along with the olive oil. Sauté over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes (ok if onion lightly browns).
- Meanwhile, chop the celery and carrots, then add them to the pot along with the garlic. Give it a good stir and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Increase the heat to high, and once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to a rapid simmer and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and tortellini to the pot. Increase the heat to medium-high and let the soup cook for another 10 minutes or so. If it starts to boil furiously, you may need to turn the heat down again.
- Season with salt & pepper as needed and garnish with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- This type of soup will soak up the broth, so it’s best eaten right away. The leftovers are still tasty, but you may need to add more water or chicken broth.
- See my tips within the blog post if you want to make this soup in your slow cooker. Or check out the Instant Pot version.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition FactsEasy Chicken Tortellini SoupAmount Per ServingCalories 427Calories from Fat 126% Daily Value*Fat 14g22%Saturated Fat 4g25%Cholesterol 71mg24%Sodium 1619mg70%Potassium 469mg13%Carbohydrates 47g16%Fiber 5g21%Sugar 5g6%Protein 28g56%Vitamin A 5123IU102%Vitamin C 25mg30%Calcium 180mg18%Iron 4mg22%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This Recipe adapted from ->->-> Click Here