- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 large chicken breasts (diced into bite-sized pieces; pat dry for best results)
- 2 large onions (peeled and diced)
- 3 medium carrots (peeled, trimmed and diced)
- 1 red pepper (cored and diced)
- 2 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onion (to serve (optional))
- Brown the chicken: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken on all sides, until browned.
- Sauté the vegetables: Add the onions and carrots and cook until the onions turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the pepper and cook until softened.
- Cook the rice: Stir in the rice and cook until it’s starting to brown. Stir in the soy sauce and maple syrup.
- Cook the egg: Push the fried rice to the side of the pan to make room in the middle. Add the beaten eggs and cook over medium-low heat until just set. Cut into pieces with a spatula and stir into the rice.
- Finish the dish: Add the peas, stir everything well and cook until they’re hot.
- Serve: Serve immediately sprinkled with sesame seeds and sliced green onion, if you like
This Recipe adapted from this –>> SITE