Graham Cracker Crust
- 9 graham crackers 1 sleeve, finely crushed
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup super fine sugar
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Make your graham cracker crust by stirring together crushed graham crackers with sugar and melted butter. Divide crush amongst cupcake liners and press into the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract, egg, egg yolks, sour cream, and salt. Continue beating until combined and smooth.
- Spoon cheesecake batter into each cupcake liner until 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes until filling is set. Cool completely in the tin before removing.
- After cupcakes have cooled, remove from wrappers. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of super fine sugar on top of each one. Use a kitchen torch to caramelize sugar, or line up on a try and place under broiler setting in oven. Watch closely, rotating as needed until the sugar is caramelized.. Serve chilled.
This article and recipe adapted from this site