- 1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Onion medium
- 2 Carrots medium
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Favorite Chicken Seasoning* (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. Salt and pepper, to taste** (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
- In a large skillet, sauté the chopped onion with olive oil over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and season it with salt, pepper, and your favorite chicken seasoning (Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, Old Bay Seasoning, etc.). Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a medium casserole dish and add the rice and chicken broth. Stir well.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
* Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, Old Bay Seasoning, etc. ** Depending on how salty your chicken broth is, you may need more or less salt.
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 1127mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5215IU | Vitamin C: 14.1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2.1mg
This article and recipe adapted from this site