- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 tsp EACH salt, pepper, paprika
- 1 16-20 oz. bag broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth divided
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp EACH onion pwdr, garlic pwdr, dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Panko Topping (optional)
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- a forkful of chicken divan casserole with chicken, broccoli and panko
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- While the chicken is still on the cutting board, dab with a paper towel then toss with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon paprika. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium high heat until very hot. Add the broccoli and sauté for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth, cover pan, and lower heat to medium. Steam broccoli until tender but not limp, about 2 minutes. Transfer broccoli to prepared pan in an even layer.
- To the now empty skillet, melt one tablespoon butter (may sub olive oil) over medium heat. Increase heat to medium high and add chicken in a single layer and sear for one minute without moving chicken then continue to cook and stir chicken until cooked through. Evenly layer chicken on top of broccoli.
- To the same skillet (don’t wipe out), melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Whisk in flour then cook, while stirring for 1 minute. Turn heat to low then gradually whisk in remaining 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and 1 cup of milk. Whisk cornstarch with remaining 1 cup milk and add to skillet followed by Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, chicken bouillon and all spices/seasonings.
- Bring sauce to a boil, whisking constantly then reduce heat to a simmer, whisking often until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 cup cheddar until melted followed by Parmesan cheese until melted. Whisk in sour cream until blended. Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli and spread into an even layer. Top with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Melt butter in olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add panko and stir to coat. Continue cooking until crumbs become golden brown. Evenly sprinkle over cheese. Cover Chicken Divan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve Chicken Divan over mashed potatoes or rice.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here