INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- 1.5 lbs (680g) asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of broth (vegetable, chicken, beef…)
- 8oz (225g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (we used a mix of mozzarella and asiago)
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced (or 1-2 tablespoons garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a baking dish with oil or spray.
2. Arrange asparagus in the baking dish and top with onion, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, red chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl mix together softened cream cheese and broth. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the asparagus. Sprinkle with more spices if you like. Top with parmesan and shredded cheese.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes until bubbly and just beginning to get tender. Grill or broil for the last 2 minutes to crisp up the cheese. Serve the baked asparagus gratin immediately, garnished with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- Note: If you like asparagus more tender, blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes before baking. This works well especially when asparagus is thicker.
- Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here