- 1 (11 ounce) bag caramel bits (or wrapped caramel squares)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips (or semi sweet)
- In a small saucepan combine the caramel and the heavy whipping cream.
- Place over low heat and stir until smooth and fully combined.
- Set smooth caramel aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter (melted), brown sugar, flour, and oats.
- Spray an 8×8 inch pan, and press half of the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Once the crust is done cooking, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot crust.
- Spread the warm caramel over the chocolate chip layer.
- Then, sprinkle the remaining crust dough over the caramel.
- Bake in oven at 350, for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, or place in fridge for 2-4 hours or until fully cooled.
This article and recipe adapted from this site