- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature (not overly soft or melted!)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 Tbsp very soft butter
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- dash salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar (more or less)
- Cream butter and sugar till smooth. Stir in flour and cornstarch till well combined.
- Cover or wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 325° for about 15-18 minutes.
- Cool completely on cooling racks, then frost with lemon cream cheese frosting.
- For frosting: Beat butter, cream cheese, and salt till smooth and creamy. Add lemon zest and enough powdered sugar to make a spreadable frosting. Frost the tops of the cookies.