- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch Salt and pepper
Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsps chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 6oz tomato paste
- 1 14oz canned coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Add everything but the ground chicken into a high powdered blender (or food processor) and do a fast chop.
- Add the blender contents into a bowl with the ground chicken.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and lay on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The meatballs will not be fully cooked yet, that’s okay.
Paleo Butter Chicken Sauce
- In a heavy bottomed stock pot heat up half the ghee over medium heat.
- Add the onion, saute until translucent and then add the garlic and spices.
- Turn the heat down to low-medium and add the rest of the ingredients (including the rest of the ghee).
- Bring to a slow boil, whisking frequently.
- Add the chicken meatballs, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes (or until meatballs are fully cooked).
- Serve with cauliflower rice and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site