- 1 loaf of day old French bread cut into large bite size cubes (about 8 cups)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Vanilla Bean Sauce
- 1 cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise and beans removed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or spray with cooking spray a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss cubed bread, cranberries and nuts.
- In another large bowl mix milk, cream, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs with sugar and vanilla until blended then stir into milk mixture.
- Add bread, cranberries and pecans and gently stir until it has almost absorbed all of the milk mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes until top is golden brown and center of pudding comes out clean with a tester.
- Place pan on a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Vanilla Bean Sauce
- While pudding is cooling, add sugar, butter, cream, vanilla beans and pod to a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, discard vanilla bean pod and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour over bread pudding or serve on the side.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here