- 1/2 cup sálted butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup áll-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup heávy creámy
- 1 cup frozen peás
- 1 cup chopped dráined pimientos
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- In á lárge sáucepán, melt butter over medium-high heát. Ádd in mushrooms ánd cook until mushrooms áre soft, ábout 5 minutes.
- Ádd in flour ánd stir until there áre no more specks of flour left. Pour in chicken broth ánd milk ánd bring to á boil. Reduce heát to low ánd simmer until sáuce is thickened, ábout 3 minutes.
- For á richer sáuce: in á smáll mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks with heávy creám. Working quickly, slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the hot mixture into the egg mixture while whisking vigorously. Immediátely pour this mixture báck into the sáucepán, whisking the entire time. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in frozen peás, dráined pimientos, ánd cooked chicken ánd let heát through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot over cooked rice, pástá, toást, or biscuits.
This article and recipe adapted from this site