- 16 ounces whole raw pecans (reserve 1/2 cup for garnish)
- 24 ounces chocolate flavored candy coating (almond bark or candiquik)
- 2 ounces (1/2 bar) German chocolate bar (by Baker’s)
- 1 (11 ounce) bag caramel bits
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Layer pecans, then candy coating, then chocolate bar into crockpot (I used a 5 quart). Cover. Cook for 1 hour on low temperature. Do not stir. After 1 hour stir mixture and continue to cook, stirring every 15-20 minutes for another hour (a total of 2 hours). Once mixture has completely come together, stir in caramel bits and turn off the heat. Cover for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile line counter top or table with a long piece of parchment paper.
- Stir. Use 2 table spoons to scoop out candy from crockpot and scoop it onto parchment paper. Make sure candy is not touching.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 cups chocolate chips and chop 1/2 cup pecans. Drizzle over turtles and garnish with chopped pecans.
- Allow to set completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site