- 6 Slices Bacon Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- 1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt To Taste
Pepper To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Long Grain White Rice
- 1 Packet Ranch Mix
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cook the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Remove bacon from pan to a plate using a slotted spoon. Wipe any excess grease from the pan.
- Add the onion, chicken, and seasonings to the pan. Cook until chicken is golden brown on all sides.
- Add the rice, ranch mix, and chicken broth to the chicken mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil then turn heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 17-20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cooked bacon and cheese until melted.
- Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site